Sunday, September 14, 2008

Come on out on Tuesday!

Tuesday night the Town of Wake Forest Comissioners will hear public comments on the issue of backyard chickens in Wake Forest. I am hoping they will also vote after they hear whatever comments residents have. I plan to ask the Board to consider allowing residents to have up to 10 or 12 hens without the livestock permit, as a compromise between Mr. Summer's suggestion of 5, and my initial request of 20. I am sure there are three commissioners in favor of this number, so I feel confident they will approve that change, and vote on Tuesday.

The meeting will be held starting at 7pm at the Wake Forest Town Hall.

Please come out to show your support for the changed ordinance!

2 comments:

Shan said...

Hi Em!
I'll be there and am making a chicken print T-shirt to show my support! Mary

Emily Cole said...

Thanks Mary! I wanted to have a t-shirt made, but didn't get to it this week! See you tomorrow!